Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New (Used) Takeuchi TL8 – Forced Regen needed

Mike-JCB · 2023-05-10 20:38

Hey Guys, I just got a used TL8, that needs a manual regen. It’s beeping every second and wants a parked regen, but when I go through the process to initiate it, it won’t start the regen. Previous version owner says it’s been sitting for about a year. It’s got an error code: SPN3701 FMI:16, (PM accumulation error level 4). Am I able to force a parked regen myself or is it too far gone and has to go to the dealer? Can I disconnect the battery to then force the regen. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2023-05-10 21:35

    On my Yanmars, the pilot controls must be turned off (on yours, it'd be seat bar raised) before initiating manual regen.

  2. #2heymccall2023-05-10 21:39

    Level 4 code requires dealer software connection to force and evaluate, IIRC. From here Exhaust Aftertreatment: Function & Maintenance - Takeuchi US By Keith Kramlich, National Product & Training Manager at Takeuchi US It happens far too often: the operator hears the alarm or sees a notification the machine needs to perform... www.takeuchi-us.com

  3. #3heymccall2023-05-10 21:43
  4. #4Mike-JCB2023-05-10 22:30

    Thanks for the responses. My model is older and the screen is difficult to read but I have followed the steps above, with the raised lap bar, low idle, at working temp, but the machine never seems to engage the regen. It just sits there beeping. Any way to confirm if the error level requires a dealer reset? Curious why a battery reset wouldn’t clear it codes to allow a manual regen. Any thoughts?

  5. #5franklin22023-05-14 08:58

    In the old days the priority in the vehicle or equipment design was to keep it running as much as possible. Now days the emissions is a priority, so the equipment or the vehicle quits functioning, no matter what situation or place it is located. It's the ridiculous times we live in.

  6. #6Jhatton5242024-01-17 17:28

    Were you able to get it cleared Mike? If so, what did you end up doing to correct this? I’m having the same issues on my 2016 TL8.

  7. #7Cogniz2024-09-15 05:59

    Any updates on this?

  8. #8JohndeereKev2025-04-04 21:26

    I'm am working a Tl8 now and it would not got into a regen. I found on this one that it was not recognizing that the lap bar was up. There for it was not seeing the park brake on. I unplugged the lap bar sensor and the machine set the park brake and allowed me to put it in regen. Don't know if this is what yours is doing. Just thought I would share. Hope this helps.