Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

70xt hydraulic problem

curb guy ยท 2014-08-18 08:04

Hey guys, I have a case 70xt with an odd problem. The loader arms will not come down, unless it is in float position, then they come down nice and smooth. The bucket will roll back and dump fine, and the arms go up fine, just not down. When I try to move them down, I can hear oil passing through what I assume to be the pressure relief. I have removed all the check valves and everything in the valve body looks good as well as the self leveling valve. Not real sure where to go from here, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Replies3
  1. #1BillG2014-08-18 09:15

    What options do you have on the machine? If you have the self leveling valve it could be in there.

  2. #2majorpup2014-08-27 09:16

    curb guy, had the exact same problem with a 70xt I bought. I did not do the work myslef as troubleshooting would of took me for ever so im not 100% sure its the same issue, but it sounds like the same problem. The mechanic that did the work told me it was a proportioing valve (or something like that) that needed replaced. I do know it was less money than i had assumed, a few hundred $$. i will try and pull the receipt and see what was marked down or make a call to him. hope it helps you some??

  3. #3mebedave2017-06-24 08:39

    This happened to me just a few days ago! I was playing around with that knob below your right leg in the cab. I pulled it out to see how it operated, this knob allows you to lower your arms if stuck in the air and your engine will not start. 3 hours later finally got it going pulling the knob in and out a hundred times, the machine would start and operate but if i turned off engine, it would go back to stuck again... so more pushing and pulling that knob in out, same result. So, I got to thinking maybe I had another problem that I did not know I had until engaging the knob? I did... I had a bad relay!!! I remove the started relay using it to test the other 4 relay's, (all relays same part number) I swaped it with one of the other four and found I had a bad relay. I took that bad relay and put it in to starter location, and starter would not work at first... but after key on key off several time the starter engaged and engine started. That bad relay had a intermittent problems, that always makes it hard to diagnose. I ordered 3 relays so I have spares and I will never pull that knob again!!! Good Luck hope you find the issue. Also check all your fuse's !!!!