Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

753 blue/white smoke

J4casey ยท 2010-09-26 13:05

Early to mid 90's 753 bobcat. Bought it as a spare. When I got it,the fuel rail was broke and injectors possible. Replaced both,new,runs,but weak,with smoke. Please help. Also can't find serial#. Tag is missing. I tried to order lift cylinder kit for machine,bobcat sent wrong one. With the serial # the guy sold it to me gave wrong part. Think the # is for a 763. Could have the wrong injectors also.

Replies4
  1. #1frogfarmer2010-09-26 15:24

    Engine could be worn, valves could need adjustment, engine could be damaged from ether use. Injectors could be wrong. BC dealer can tell you exactly where the unit has the serial number stamped. Some were stamped above and to the right of the chain case fill plug in the front. I would verify the serial number before I went any further. With no tag and given a bogus number by the seller the unit could be less than legal. If it is stolen you dont want to lose any more money. Skids are the most stolen construction unit in the world.

  2. #2J4casey2010-09-26 16:27

    Machine cranks after two or three rotations.I don't think ether. Smells like raw fuel.

  3. #3andrew882010-09-26 21:07

    Sounds like a bad injector.. To find the serial number clean off the front of the machine well. Put boom in air and put cyl guard in place. Than look along the black portion of the front of the machine and you will find the 9 digit serial number. and if you want your bobcat dealer can lookup to see if its stolen, or atleast if it has been reported stolen.

  4. #4J4casey2010-09-27 19:07

    Thanks everyone. Found serial #. Probally will take it to a machnic who has tools to test.