Hi guys, I trust you are well! I am writing in order to have information regarding the meaning of one particular data provided by the VIMS on 773F/G truck. When one extracts the payloads there is a column with the heading “Fuel Rate (Lit/Hr)”. What does it mean? Is it the amount of fuel injected during one cycle per hour ? Someone told me that if you want to calculate the fuel consumption per hour of the machine you have to sum up all the quantity in the column “Fuel Rate (Lit/Hr)” and divide the result by the total time recorded during the cycles interval. If this is the case the column Fuel Rate (Lit/Hr) should not have the unit “Lit/Hr”. Can anyone please tell me exactly what is the meaning of that column “Fuel Rate (Lit/Hr)”? Regards
Exactly what it says on the tin...... The number of litres of fuel being burned per hour at the instant you are watching the parameter on the VIMS Message Centre. You’ll note that the value will change based on RPM, engine load, etc, etc... The number is a calculated value using an algorithm in the engine software based on engine RPM, load, transmission gear, ground speed, and probably a few others I’ve forgotten along the way. If you change the VIMS units to US (hit 86 + the OK key) it will change to US gallons/hour.
Hi Nige, Thanks for your reply. I noticed in the payload extraction that the values are low and range between 2,384 Lit/hr (0,629 Gall/Hr) and 22,396 Lit/hr (5,9 gall/Hr) depending on the cycle. So it’s the amount of fuel burned during the cycle? Right?
It sounds as though you are dealing with reports produced from Manual data downloads of the VIMS system on each truck. Would you like to post a pdf copy of the report you are looking at..? It’s a long time since I dealt with reports in that format. We use MineStar so all the info is transmitted to the server and analyzed there. I’d like to be able to see what you’re seeing.
Hi Nige, This is a screenshot of few lines of the data after treatment. Initially they are extracted as XML format by the technician from the VIMS, then turned into an excel file. The data are displayed as shown below ( the values are similar to the one observed.