Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Options for installing liner

1fastmofo · 2019-02-21 19:07

looking for suggestions I just bought a liner for my l9000 ford tandem dump truck. The floor is gonna need some work in the near future but as it is I have a job to compete with the truck as is. What's the best way to secure the liner... a local guy told me use 1/2" bolts and bolt it in. I've seen videos of adding steel to the top Lip and welding clamps to hold it... I was also wondering if 2" self tapping 1/4" shank screws with washers would hold it... I've used these in the past redecking low Boy trailers... thoughts and opinions please... I would estimate this will have to come back out within a year to redo the floor near the doghouse

Replies6
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-02-21 19:27

    Are we talking vinyl or steel or something else? What are you hauling, rock, dirt, asphalt or something else? What does your liner manufacturer suggest? Is your box strong enough to hold a liner? Are you trying to prevent sticking or trying to stop leakage?

  2. #21fastmofo2019-02-21 20:00

    Just sandy clay... just prevent sticking its a plastic liner or some form of plyable plastic

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-02-21 20:05

    I'd just use 3/8 or larger carriage bolts. Give em bigger surface with a washer under the head. Draw em down, cut the ends off and be done.

  4. #4warpspeed2019-02-23 01:50

    Bolt a 1/4in strap of steel across the front. Leave the rest loose so you can wash under it.

  5. #5ol'stonebreaker2019-02-23 09:26

    Elevator bolts would work good for this. Mike

  6. #61fastmofo2019-03-09 20:43

    So I used 1/4x 3" self tap screws like I have used for securing trailer boards in the past and put 1.5 washers under em 14 loads and it's doing great