I have an early 450 with a cap n back where I assume there's a pto shaft I can't get cap off. Did all have pto?
I believe it is a PTO for a winch, not a standard 540 or 1000rpm PTO like a tractor would have.
ok thanks
Do you think it would drive an aux hydraulic pump ? I'm wanting to put a forestry mulcher in front
I don't think it would be suitable for anything requiring continuous power. It will only be turning when the RPMs are high enough to engage the torque converter. With the transmission in neutral you can make it run by giving it throttle, or with it in gear it will be running when you are moving (with enough throttle). As soon as you throttle down to change directions, turn, shift high/low etc the PTO will slow or stop. That would be unusable for a hydraulic pump running a mulcher IMO. Best bet would be find a way to power it off the engine somehow and you'll probably want a separate hydraulic reservoir, filter and large cooler as well.
ok Thanks