Can someone explain to me if I have to remove the front engine plate on a 8.3 cummins. in a 1993 ford f800 to get the injection pump removed? all the bolts are removed and brackets top and bottom but it won't come out of engine at the timming gears. I hope I don't need to pull this thing all apart to pull a gear or something... Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.
There should be a access cover some put the oil filler there then have to take the nut off gear and press it off
If it’s the Bosch P pump made in Brazil (look at the bottom of the name plate) there’s a hidden bolt (12-14mm) at the 6:00 position.. Does this have the big mounting flange that the hold down bolts r in a circle..w a big toothed drive gear on the front..??
If that’s not it.. then there a cover in front of the pump, radiator side.. IT UNSCREWS.. U can use an oil filter wrench to unscrew it.. Once inside ur looking at the drive gears.. I sure hope u timed and probably pinned the pump and engine.!!
Thanks, yes there is an oil fill tube.. cool I'll give it a try..
Since the pump is gonna be sent out and rebuild; do I still need to time the pump? The engine I can time when the pump is off too? Correct.
Yes you need to time the pump before you pull it off
Do u have the “push pin” type that’s under the pump.? If yes, it’s much much easier to time the engine if the pump is in place.. THAT WAY the drive gear won’t get cocked and try to skip a tooth or 2.. U can put the pump back in place and just let the gear spin on the pump drive shaft..just as long as it’s supported.. I hope that makes sense.. Good luck