Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

80ft tall and 18ft wide load…..

Chaz Murray ยท 2008-03-18 18:50

and moved it a whole 100 yards and in a couple months goin back to move it back to where it was after they get done with the building they are puttin up

Replies17
  1. #1Reuben2008-03-18 19:01

    that is an expensive tree. I have my doubts though if it will survive the ordeal. A tree that size has a huge root system that is depends on. I assume it will be tethered for a few years after replanting? that is pretty dang neat though!!!

  2. #2Chaz Murray2008-03-18 19:05

    This is not the first tree we have moved for this company...Valley Crest Tree Company moves hundreds of trees a year...and we do maybe 10+ a year for them...but this one is by far the biggest we have moved for them. Most of the time we use a single truck with a trailer that has a 10ft wide deck.

  3. #3Dozerboy2008-03-19 21:29

    They like there trees in CA I have never seen one that big moved the biggest was maybe 40'. What did they say it weighed?

  4. #4Reuben2008-03-20 07:59

    The more I look at that pic the more amazed I am. That is very impressive. I never knew that a tree that big could be moved. What is involved in the process?

  5. #5BIGBEN20042008-03-20 09:50

    Well I guess in this world as long as you have the money anything is possible.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2008-03-20 11:45

    I read about this in one of my trade magazines, I don't remember which one.

  7. #7Colin Doy2008-03-20 12:52

    Didn't I watch an episode of "Megamovers" that moved a tree this big?

  8. #8Chaz Murray2008-03-20 17:17

    According to the crane operator it was 160,000lbs

  9. #9RollOver Pete2008-03-20 19:36

    Nice :drinkup

  10. #10tonka2008-03-20 19:48

    that was with a treespade tho...

  11. #11THEDIESEL2008-03-25 13:31

    Damn!

  12. #12JPCobra1052008-03-26 19:27

    crazy

  13. #13Lashlander2008-03-27 00:21

    What kind of tree is that. If its hardwood I'm thinkin furniture!:thumbsup

  14. #14Chaz Murray2008-03-27 00:54

    Its a Oak tree

  15. #15Lashlander2008-03-27 23:06

    Yep, furniture!

  16. #16stuvecorp2008-04-02 15:37

    If the treehuggers are willing to pay, why not? I would be curious on the survivial rate.

  17. #17Chaz Murray2008-04-02 17:50

    Not sure if i belive it or not but they say 90%:beatsme