Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

811 bobcat backhoe

gwhammy ยท 2024-11-12 07:20

I've got a friend that needs a backhoe randomly like once or twice a year. His problem when he needs one it's right now as he has around 26,000 hogs on confinement floors. He has a backhoe but it's usually got a flat tire or batteries down when he needs it. It's hard in our area to get someone in such short notice. I was thinking a 811 backhoe off of a older bobcat skid steer on the front loader of one of his fwd tractors would do the trick. I can make some kind of latch system to make it stable on the loader. Basically to dig a water leak or clogged drain. Anyone done this or seen one?

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2024-11-12 18:08

    I would think that it would have too much power and end up torquing the loader arms.I believe the bobcat hoes had a solid mount somewhere near the front of the cab that the hoe was also mounted to along with the quick tach plate, this was to stop from torquing those loader arms. Probably would be money better spent if he purchased a three point hitch backhoe for one of his tractors. He could also just invest some money in a solar charger/trickle charger and keep up with the air in the tires of his current hoe, not trying to sound snarky by saying that, but I imagine that would be even more cost effective in the long run.

  2. #2gwhammy2024-11-13 04:57

    I've had several of the bobcat backhoes on skid steers from the 743's, 863's and a 953. They all locked on a bracket mounted solid on the skid steer. He might be better off getting a decent older skid steer that can be used for other purposes and get a backhoe to go on it. He is spread over about a 2 mile area with 4 different sights. They are also short handed most of the time as help is really hard to find and keep in the hog industry.