Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gallons Per Minute vs Maximum Pressure

rsjohnsn ยท 2025-01-08 23:46

I have been looking for some attachments for my new to me skid steer. I have noticed some that are out of my GPM range but falls within my Pressure range. Which should I be trying to achieve or should it be both? Why one over the other? Thanks Scott Takeuchi TL8

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2025-01-09 02:12

    Scott, spec sheets are very misleading. The numbers are often correct except you can't have both because of the lack of HP. So the flow rate is at no load and the max pressure is at hydraulic stall. There are several places on the internet to find how to do the calculations. Hope this helps.

  2. #2Vetech632025-01-09 07:43

    Rule of thumb (My thumb that is). GPM for motors/speed PSI for cylinders/power A combination/balance of both is necessary on specific implements

  3. #3rsjohnsn2025-01-09 22:24

    Thank you very much!