Images of early GM crawler taken at Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia in 1992. Even though decalled as a Terex, my thoughts are she is a Euclid 82-30. Maybe a fellow member can confirm. Unusual bonnet, air cleaner treatment. It was great to see the old girl in action with that old 6-71N singing away.
at that point weren't terex and elucid the same?
Euclid was the original company, later changed to Terex, which was at one time owned by General Motors. That dozer looks a little bigger than an 82-30. I am thinking 82-40 or 82-50, but I could be wrong.
She's a 82-30. Possibly a C6, but I don't think so. 82-40's used a 8V71, 82-50's a 12V71.
Your right. I should have noticed the blower on the side. Must be a 6-71, or the older 110-?? Just seemed like the undergear was bigger, as well as the rippers in the rear pic. I was never around a 82-30, but spent time on a few 82-50's with the V-12 in them. Once you got used to running it like you were mad at it all the time, they pushed pretty good. Just don't try to lug that V-12 like you would the big inline 6 in a Cat. They had a pretty big speed advantage over the D-8K's and D-9H's we had.
82-30 Surfed the net looking for a 82-30 picture. Notice the Terex name on the casting in front,under the cylinder. Also in the top of the dozer blade??? at least I seen it on others there. Ha, somebody painted it Cat yellow. Seen that happen before. LOL
C6/82-30: Hello Northart, This is a picture of the old C6/82-30 we had at one time... I think it was about the time it changed to Terex... but it still had Euclid on the casting in front... which was the hydraulic reservoir, and also contained the hydraulic pumps... :cool2 You might have seen it already... it's posted over in the mechanical Logging thread. It was actually a decent dozer, and I liked it... just a bit too big for what we wanted.... OCR...
JDOFMEMI, She has a 6-71N. No Euclid/Terex crawler ran a 6-110.
82-30 Here's another picture of an 82-30, Terex ? Euclid? Hood is different.
thats a very late model 82-30 looking at the body panels. mine is a 76 (43xxx sn) model with J-120 Carco winch, arch and an 12' SU blade and it looks completly different. it really looks like an 82-20 from the body panels.
What is it ? Here's an 82-20 .
Those terex dozers had alot of iron in them,built tough.
The c6 had a garwood hy. pump up in the nose,under the hy. cyl.
I would be fairly certain that it is a C-6 Euc. I operated one for a while in Vietnam and I liked it very much, Another I ran was in Colorado southeast of Denver. It had a humongus U-dozer on it however, and it was not nearly as nice as my first one with a straight dozer. It didn't help that we were pushing scrapers with it in Colorado either. That huge U-blade made it difficult. I helped a fella overhaul a C-6 transmission in northern Michigan in the mid-seventies. What a mess! The transmission was way ahead of it's time and very complex, especially to someone that had never been into one before. (both of us) I always loved the sound of a nice 6-71 inline in the C-6. Loud and lusty they were. The only thing better was the rear engines in the TS24 scrapers, usually no muffler and VERY loud!
What was the dozer that had the rear mounted engine ?
The c6 was made for a push cat the is why they back up so fast,and they was a good logging cat and you allways new where they were and working,they were called the tattle tail cat.
I've got the remains of a terex resting in a fencerow here. I never found an ID plate on it, it's labeled as a Terex though and has C-6 stenciled on the hood. It is cable lift and has the air filter can accessible from the operators platform. Since it is cable lift, does that mean it is older then the machines posted here?
truklodyte, You may be thinking of Eimco, usually with a Detroit or a Cummins mounted in the rear. There are pictures of them posted on this forum somewhere.
Markat425 I would suggest getting a picture and posting it so others may see it and help you Identify it ,or give you tips with restoration.
truklodyte,, I'll get some pics of it,,, although I think I may need help posting them. I will not be doing a restoration. The iron rodents (scrappers) have hit it a few times. They took the easy to get off stuff... like the upper part of the tracks,, the pipes over the platform,, etc. After the previous owner abandoned it, I inquired about new tracks for it. It ran great but the tracks and sprockets were shot. I quickly decided not to spend 10K on just the tracks,, especially after I discovered the machine didn't have any antifreeze in it. Just water,, and I found this the following spring..
Here's an 82-30B ,currently available in New Zealand.... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-industry/Industrial/Earthmoving-machinery/Bulldozers/auction-262179535.htm
Hey guys, maybe you can help me. I was wondering what the horse power is on a 82-20B it has ither the 6V53T or a 6V71T, I hope its the latter
The 82-20B had a turbo charged 6V71 with 4 valve heads. It was rated at around 270 horse power. We have two of them and they're great older machines. Problem is undercarriage and final drive parts are next to impossible to find. The horse power peaks at full throttle so you can hear them running for miles on a calm night!!! :drinkup
I was under the impression that the Cat dealer can now match Cat undercarriage to almost any fairly modern mass produced dozer....if the 82-20's you have are worth putting an undercarriage under and you want to keep them working, it might be the way to go. I think Cat calls it the Nexxus system..might be worth checking into. Hope this helps. Alan
Ive come across A Euclid dozer that has hydraulic blade and rippers , it is described 1 Euclid Crawler tractor with Cummings diesel motor 16 ft blade � 2 Hyd tandem rippers Serial B6222 180HP Can someone identify model and approx weight thankyou I am not allowed to post pictures as yet
diggerdozer , it`s the last of the C6 before they went to the 82-30 ive been out and had a look at that dozer just two days ago . its been sitting for awhile now because of a stuffed front idler
Green iron do you know if they run? one has the track off? cheers I sent you a pm
Rear mounted radiator. Engine in front. Eimco was the one that used the rear mounted engine.
Late C 6 dozer Can anyone help with the weight of a C6 with dozer blade and rippers and canopy thankyou
Dont know for sure but would say it would be some where in the 30-35ton range.
You won't be picking that one up on the tilt tray , and a little bit heavyer than the D8 .Ian .