Hello all. Can someone point me in the right direction for the wiring diagram for the under dash relays and also the starting system? Acts like bad neutral safety switch but I hear a little click with key on start while moving the F-R shifter in and out of neutral. So probably something else. I found the three relays under the dash in sorry shape. Wires mostly corroded out of the sockets. I know I could do a better job repairing it with a wiring diagram. I'll try to add a picture of what it looks like. I've done a bit of a search on here but got frustrated and decided to ask.
The neutral safety switch is on the shuttle on the right side. You can unplug the switch and put a jumper in the connector and see if that takes care of your problem. Of course you can always get a service manual off of ebay.
I found a wiring diagram here on the forum for a 580K but it's different. The starter works. That's how I drove it home. Luckily the middle detent on the shuttle shifter is neutral. The little slot is not in the right place. I mean the linkage isn't adjusted so that the neutral slot by the steering wheel works in neutral. I say this because if I had trusted that slot the tractor would have run me over when it started. The hand throttle was stuck in the full throttle position too. I keep thinking how lucky I was. I'll check out ebay and see what's available. Thanks Coy.
Dave, check out Peaceful Creek Manuals, quality reprints in binders..service and parts manual for $115 and you can get the operators manual for 30 bucks or so, might as well get the whole set...The set I got for my C is just as good as the oem at a fraction of the price and has all the wiring diagrams...download is nice, but for the price I still like to have "The Book"...
I have the 580SE service manual and I could post the schematic for it. But I don't know if it will help. 580E's and 580SE's have (I think) 3 different wiring configurations.
I ordered a paper one from Ebay. Hope I did the right thing. I repaired the mess at the relay holders under the dash and now it starts with the key. Yay.
Of course you did the right thing when you bought the paper manual. I have used both and prefer a paper one. Nice that you posted back and let others know you have the wiring repaired. Too many times help is given by the HEF members and we never hear back if the problem was resolved. Which I suspect, most of the time it was.
I like paper manuals too but I am a 57 year old "boomer". I do have electronic version too. Handy because I can access that anytime from my workshop laptop.
Ya can't go wrong with the paper version, especially if you don't have wifi in the shop or out in the field..Having the service and parts manual will make your maintenance and parts ordering job so much easier...
Boomers rule dude....For those of us that weren't dropped from the womb onto a laptop, that whole reading the book thing worked out ok...
I like electronic copies of stuff for the space. I can carry an entire library on a small laptop. Paper is way better for using day to day. I have both for this reason
I have both don't like the electronic one. still like old school. The wiring diagram is not a real good one. the only thing I can see the relays are for, is accessories The main power for the dash comes from a mag switch. Above your accelerator peddle. even with this bad it should still start. With the key on there should be indacator lights on the dash. . Put a test light on the lead going to the starter, then turn the key to start. and see if the key switch is bad