I have a 790 tractor with the power beyond quick detach outlets in back, it has a hose between them to complete the circuit. Its for hooking up a log spliter or backhoe attachment. I want to use it for a hydraulic top link. I was told I need a power beyond valve, which I bought. I figure the pressure side would hook to the inlet of the valve, and no problem with the valve to the hydraulic cylinder hoses. My problem is: the valve has a power beyond outlet, which the instructions say to hook to the outlet side of the power beyond on the tractor, but it says the other outlet must go to the tank. How do I plumb to the tank? I'll attach the valve instructions, and a pic of my PB outlets.
All hydraulics have a return to tank line, all you need to do is plumb into that at an easily accessible place before any filters.
I guess your saying when a backhoe or log spliter is hooked to PB, a third hose is added to go to the tank?
Each valve on the open center daisy chain has to have a return line connected. Remember that hydraulic fluid, under pressure, is flowing through the "open center" of these valves all the time when the valve isn't doing work.
Ive done this before. I did it on a john deere 2520 with a power Beyond kit what i did was bought a open center valve plumbed the power side of the power beyond kit into the inlet of the valve and then made a hose up to go from the outlet side of the valve and hooked it into the return side of the power beyond kit.
Nice job Mr580. Thanks for the info.
They used to make some single spool full backpressure valves that would work in a system like this, just connect the outlet to the next one in the string. YMMV.
I have daisy chained regular run of the mill open center valves without a problem also. I have have had a FEL, backhoe, and log splitter front to back on a farm tractor for years without a problem. Two of those valves I bought from Northern Hydraulics.