Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850B deere dozer problem

steve waldner ยท 2020-06-12 18:38

Hi my 850b dozer , the bolts got loose that hold the drive housing , bunch a snapped off , but the worse part is the transmission pull away from the housing , stripping some bolts, what do I have to do to get the transmission out , I could pull every thing out but the hydro/tranny don't fit thru the hole in the frame, thanks

Replies14
  1. #1mg23612020-06-13 05:16

    To remove the transmission you have to tilt the cab/rops forward, remove the seat and batteries and remove the fuel tank.

  2. #2steve waldner2020-06-13 12:46

    Yes , and the final drive also ,

  3. #3steve waldner2020-06-13 12:47

    I tried , the darn control valve cables need removed , they to short ,

  4. #4mg23612020-06-14 04:49

    What cables? If I recall correctly, you should not have to remove any cables (except battery cables) to get the transmission out. Attach pictures.

  5. #5steve waldner2020-06-14 15:13

    Had to remove the control valve push pull cables , throttle cable , and some others that were routed wrong , will post pics

  6. #6steve waldner2020-06-16 13:42

    I found a end housing plate, do u guys think I can swap it by just removing the bolts , and put the other back on with disassembling the transmission ?. All the bolts are facing out .

  7. #7steve waldner2020-06-16 13:43
  8. #8steve waldner2020-06-16 13:44

    Wanna zip the bolts out , remove the seal , take housing off , put the other back on , install seal and done? Possible?

  9. #9steve waldner2020-06-16 13:45
  10. #10mg23612020-06-17 05:32

    My failing memory tells me that I think that can be done. It's been 30+ years since I had one of those apart. The swash plate trunnions should hold the "guts" in while the housing is swapped out. Just make sure you have shaft end play when done and to set the cover stop to the same depth as it is in the old cover.

  11. #11steve waldner2020-06-17 12:54

    Thank you

  12. #12steve waldner2020-07-05 13:09

    Found a housing piece for 900$ Thanks to Brandon at Ams construction parts , the rebuilt went rather well , and easy . Finished a week ago , works great.

  13. #13RPRZEN2020-08-27 23:21

    DOES ANYONE ON THIS THREAD HAVE ANY INFO ON JD 850J HYDRAULICS? DONT MEAN TO HYJACK THIS THREAD. HAVING ISSUES WITH BLADE HYDRAULICS.

  14. #14mg23612020-08-28 04:54

    Welcome to HEF RPRZEN ! Please start a new thread and supply a machine serial number? Also a detailed description of what ails the unit. Edit...Sorry, did not see that you did start a new thread .