Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

855 cummins heads

charles walton ยท 2013-12-09 21:09

I was wondering if different part number heads will work on my ntc 300,quickserve gives me 3008100,I was hoping to find a deal in some remans but I haven't seen any with those numbers.Any help would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Old Doug2013-12-10 12:50

    The last one i rebuilt the reman heads were 60.00 with cores but that was 7years ago. I dont think there were very many diffrent heads. The 855 must be the cheapest engine ever to rebuild. A friend that has a salvage store has a kit for one but there are not many still runing around hear. I thought i would get to bid on a versitil for salvage that had one that need rebuilt but they are going to fix it.

  2. #2DoyleX2013-12-14 11:07

    There is only a small difference. The big cam 4 has more valve travel and a smaller exhaust port. Any NTC 1,2,3 is the same.