Bad hydraulic leak. Starting after sitting it makes a loud squealing sound and goes away after a while. I am assuming it is a hydraulic pump cavitating. I am wondering how to gain access to the pump and how to view the motor when it is running? I could turn it on and then lift the cab but I might have to move a lever to see it leak. There are some access plates on the side of the body wondering if any of these will give me a view while oil is flowing through the pump or a leaky hose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you've got a squealing sound I would try to figure out where the oil is coming from and fix that before running it. If you have to run it to get access add some oil first. Oil is much cheaper than hydraulic pumps, especially hydrostatic pumps. If the oil just pours out when you add it, you're kind of hooped.
Problem sits in the belly pan first. Probably first course of action pull all inspection plates, including belly pan, put more oil in watch for leaks. Next try to turn over but not start. Hoping just a loose hose. Last time I noticed that when it was shut off and restarted ,right away, it squealed immediately. This leads me to believe that it is being deprived of oil. Could this indicate a plugged filter or a leak on the feed side? Forgot to mention hydraulic tank dipstick shows adequate oil.