Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

863f bobcat lift tilt problems

mike8014 ยท 2012-12-12 14:10

HI I have a 1998 863f series bobcat and the seat sensor light does not come one and the lift and tilt on the machine will not work. I replaced the seat sensor but the indicator light will still on turn green to show it is working. any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

Replies3
  1. #1spitzair2012-12-12 22:40

    I'm sure you've already done this but check for stuff under and behind the seat. First time it happened on my 873 I had no idea what was going on. The seat is on a hinge at the front and even stuff behind the seat will cause problems. Another time I was out of town and my dad had some stuff become wedged under the seat. He dragged the machine to the shop with another machine and had the seat bar sensor all torn apart and all kinds of other things pulled apart. I pulled the piece of junk out from under the seat and away it went and my dad turned red... Oh by the way are you sure it's an F series 863? My 873 is a C series, 1998 and as far as I know subsequent series machines did away with the seat sensor but I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable than me can confirm this. Otherwise I'd check wiring between the computer and the seat. Hope this helps!

  2. #2mike80142012-12-13 00:17

    Hi Spitzair Thanks for the response I have check the movement of the seat it is clean and free from any obstructions the sensor seams to move up and down fine.I am wondering if the bics sensor on the valve body can cause any problems with the seat sensor being that the lift and tilt also do not work

  3. #3spitzair2012-12-13 12:47

    Here's the troubleshooting chart for the BICS seat sensor... I really haven't had to dig into mine, it's never given us any grief other than junk under the seat... Hopefully Willie59 will see this thread and can help you out some more. Good luck!