Not sure if these details pertain to my error code however i'll give all info and you can determine. While working my skidsteer i had it on a sharp decline, fuel was low enough that it ran out of fuel. topped it up and fortunately it started with little difficulty. After 10mins of problem free usage i shut it down and went in for supper, upon returning i turned the key on and the #17 general warning light came on. it started fine and worked good for about 15seconds then it lossed power and seemed as if it were starving for fuel. I shut it off started it again but it slowly died out and wouldnt restart. I held the light button in until it displayed the 12-23 error code. After researching the manual it says the problem is 12-Front auxillary PWM Switch(Proportional Control) 23-not calibrated. The manual does not direct me to this area, any suggestions on what and where to go from here.
Welcome to the Forums carmon!:drinkup I had the same problem and it was the controller on top of the joystick - However you may have two issues going on - controller and fuel delivery. Since you ran the machine out of fuel one of two things could have happened - air in the fuel line or it sucked some trash out of the tank. I believe the 864 had a screen on the fuel pickup line in the tank, others correct me if I'm wrong. First check the fuel bulb. If it's soft or sucked flat, fuel delivery is probably your problem. If it's soft pump it until it gets firm. You may also want to change your fuel filter as well. In the past I have had to break the fuel lines loose starting at the bulb and work fuel through the lines up to fuel filter, this was due to running some bad bio-diesel that jelled everything up. For future reference - http://cdn-4.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/bigvalleytractor/AllServiceCodes.pdf The error code shouldn't pertain to the fuel issue. Willie and some of our other members will have more helpful information.
Thank you for your response. I beleive your correct on the fuel issue, the bulb was flattened right out. The controller seems to be what most are suggesting as the problem for error code 12-23, is there a way of testing this or should i just switch it out?
If the engine died, and the primer bulb is sucked flat as a possum on the center line, then the strainer on the end of the fuel pick up tube inside tank is clogged with debris, gotta remove the fuel pick up tube and clean it off. And something I tell all Bobcat owners, since they use this strainer on the pick up tube, be sure you only use clean fuel from a clean container or pump source, preferably fuel from a delivery hose with a filter on it. Be very picky about what goes in that tank.
thank you again, the strain was plugged.