Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S175 dead…..need help

MDOVERALL ยท 2014-08-24 14:09

Hello I have a 2004 Bobcat S175. I have no power to anything and I started running lines down with no luck. So far I have checked the battery and connections and they are good. Ran both red leads down (to starter and to relay with the 2 nuts) and getting power to both. I checked the fuse panel and all the small fuses seem mine, I did have a loose relay fuse/switch. I pushed it in and the power came on for a split second and then nothing. I moved the relays around to see if it was bad and nothing. I checked where the right panel, where the key is and I get power to one of the eight points on the plug that comes in but nothing no where else and nothing out of the 3 ports on the key plug. I don't know of any other fuses or relays to try. Can anyone tell me why I would have nothing, you turn the key and nothing come on no beeps, no lights nothing. I am in a bad spot cause it is out on my property where I cant load it to take it to a mech or get a flat bed wrecker to it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

Replies6
  1. #1crewchief8882014-08-24 16:36

    take a look through this thread.... pretty much the same machine edit: you said when you moved one of the fuses or relays, power came back on? if so, thats where i'd start looking for a problem :drinkup

  2. #2MDOVERALL2014-08-24 18:28

    thanks for the input and time, I got lucky and found it was the ground cable not sure how it went bad but it did and so for about 9 bucks I am back up and running thanks again Mike

  3. #3Bobcatdaddy2014-08-25 22:47

    Glad to see that was an easy fix. Still waiting for update on my machine.

  4. #4JohnE2014-09-21 06:25

    johnE Hi Mike , My 753G has the same problem , just completely dead, you said it was the ground cable, is that the earth cable, and which one, Thanks in advance for your help, John

  5. #5Bobcatdaddy2014-09-21 09:18

    The link crewchief provided couple post up in this thread had a lot of good stuff in it. It was my machine and I just updated it, ended up being power wire partially broke inside insulation and inside protective wire loom. I'd check all the easy stuff first fuses, battery cables ect. There's a 100amp fuse above the battery to check also. Good luck, hope u get her fixed.

  6. #6MDOVERALL2014-09-22 18:03

    John, sorry for the delay, It was the ground cable that actually connects to the battery. Where the wire goes in the terminal it was corroded and wasn't getting a connection I guess. Hope it helps.