I have an 89 580k and the left break peddle does not return once it is pressed, right peddle operates fine, thus giving me a twist every time I break. I have sprayed lubricant on the mechanism, taking out the light control cover on the consul..and spaying thru this opening Thanks
The (quote) push rods that go thru the firewall into the break housing (reservoir), behind the break peddles, is there a way to lube it, or is the resistance and failure to reset due to something in the breaks itself
I'm not sure about Case but a Cat 416 had that problem, right brake worked fine, left would stick down. I traced it to the housing and shaft the pedals were on. Drilled a small hole in the outer housing, sprayed loose juice in the hole and started working the left pedal. After pressing and pulling the pedal back up a dozen or so times it worked smoothly again like it should. A bit more loose juice in the hole, a wrap of duct tape to seal it and it was good to go once again. That's been several years ago and no problems since.
First thing to check is return springs at the pedals - there are 3 of them - item #26
Two pedals and three springs... weird but ingenious, lol
Thanks for the schematic, I put the loose juice to the break peddle, springs , etc, It has come loose and is returning properly, but on your diagram, the push rod the goes into the rubber collar, part # 5 is broken of at opposite end of the threads, can this part be taken off from the cab side or the master cylinder side. don't want to put any unnecessary pressure or twists on the break lines.. Thanks
If I were doing it, the cylinder would be coming out, as there is a spring clip which retains a washer under the boot , which must be removed. Maybe it will come out without removing the cylinder, not sure if it is possible or not. Give it a go & see what happens.
Success, I was able to remove spring clip, from the cab side, fixed the problem and its back together. Thanks again fellas for the advice and guidance,, Cheerz