I've had this backhoe fir abt a year and its run really without a problem. I was smoothing out the road and got it stuck in some wet sand really bad. Tried gettin it out but it was too wet. So I come back a week later to get it out and none of the hydraulics will work. It'll still move foreward and reverse fine but my hoe is on the ground as is my bucket. I've checked the fluid there is plenty in it I put 5 more gallons incase its at such an angle the sump isn't catchin it. No major leaks. Plus it was workin fine last week when I shut it off. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?
Did it happen to get stuck with the nose in the air?
Is it below freezing now? Otherwise, if your pump is still turning, I'd guess it's sucking air because the fluid is cold. I'd let it run a minute at idle, shut it off a minute and start it up again let it idle a minute to see if you can get it to "prime".
Id have to say that if the pump lost prime to pressurize the tank through vent hose with a small air compressor. Try not to exceed 25 psi in tank.
Check the coupler to the pump. You may have lost the drive to the pump. I would say its a long shot but possible.
Another thing to check. All very good answers were given. I think someone asked if outside temperature had dropped below freezing and didn't see an answer, did it? A thing to check. IF temp. dropped to freezing and especially if tank was low, there could have a little water in hyd. tank and froze at tank outlet, causing no fluid to pump, and cavitating the pump. Don't know whether all have a shutoff valve coming out of tank, but mine does. Make sure your getting fluid. Just another thing to look at. IF it is frozen up, don't put flame of any type on it, or it will go up in flames. Cavitating the pump for very long can be very bad. Don't run it very long, because your gear pump will running dry and can do a lot of damage. If it has a shutoff valve, make sure it is open. Setting down in wet area with a heated up tank etc. can draw moisture and freeze if temp. drops outside. If ice is in system, be careful not to throttle up when cold, because ice ball can hit pump hard, causing it to break pump and bracket assy off, and front pump mounts and bolts at engine block are a weak link on Case and have been known to break or bolts come loose at block, wallering out block holes. If you have to, pressure up system like suggested.
Will the steering work ?