What can anyone tell me about this? With every answer in the right direction I will post another picture
Looks like we need another clue.
It is a grader and I am pretty sure it is a Caterpillar. Is there an 8M model? A chap down here is advertising an S8T Caterpillar grader for sale. Rn'R.
Any idea on how old?
This is very much a guess, but I would say the late thirties. Rn'R.
Could be. I was thinking early 40's but have no idea.
8m86 ? Hello Dwan, That is a Caterpillar 212-8M86 Single Drive, Grader . With Gas engine. Made 1941 , 32HP, weighs 10,100#. Northart
Figures, I am traveling & can not post the rest of the pictures till I get back next month. Looks like this old girl is not in bad shape. It would make a nice restro project.
Hey Dwan, no pics of your travels? Whats up with that?:laugh
Left Seattle 2.5 hours ago, now in Denver. Leaving Denver in .5 hour. For Huntsville, AL. May have pictures later.