Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

910 Cat

Taylortractornu ยท 2012-06-17 22:24

My older brother picked up an 80's 910 Cat loader at a bargain. THe body has a few dents and the lift pump needs rebuilding. Its stout but its slow lifting. I remeber when I was a kid dad used to getthe little Cat books that had the pictures and silohouttes of the machines. It had a mark beside the picdture and said made in Brasil. My brothers machine has made in Japan on the axles housing and trans housing. I was wondering if they were assembled in Brasil and the parts made in Japan. He gave 5k for it and its tight and smooth other than the slow boom. I think it has a rebuildable vane pump cartridge in it.

Replies7
  1. #1lonkinggroup2012-06-17 23:23

    I think it is cheap for a reason, but after all it is a CAT. In fact, most of us, we buy a product according to the brand, even if you know it is assembled in other countries.

  2. #2Taylortractornu2012-06-17 23:47

    I dont care where it was made the D4H I run is made in Japan. Its cheap because the owner was selling out due to health. He has been offered double his money as a loader that size is sought after.

  3. #3Rusted2012-06-18 04:23

    I think you'll find all of the 910 series were built in Japan.

  4. #4Taylortractornu2012-06-18 18:46

    Thanks for the info I could have sworn that some of them were made in Brasil. It may have been another loader made there. I really like it I spent a few hours on it today top loading one of our scrapers out of a pile. We need to find a door for the cab and install and AC unit.

  5. #5stevie2012-07-11 11:00

    Im a new member and not allowed to start my own thread. But i found a good 81 910 loader for sale and im just wondering is there any problems people are facing with them.

  6. #6buckwheat_la2012-11-02 00:21

    I have a 79 910 Cat loader, and it is one of the best old loaders I have ever used. We us ours for snow and around the shop for gravel etc. Strong running, very manuverable and a work horse. I wish I could find more of them...

  7. #7OzDozer2012-11-02 09:07

    There were 3 different serial number prefixes in the 910 - 80U, 40Y and 41Y. All were built in Japan. The "Brazil" wording you saw was probably the words on the ID tag, warning that the Caterpillar and Cat trade marks were registered in virtually every country of the world, including Brazil. Often countries such as Mexico, Brazil and other South American countries are specifically mentioned in the trade mark warnings, as the South American countries were notorious for copying the Caterpillar name and/or logos.