Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough S/N X – Referance?

Invent_4U ยท 2012-06-19 00:00

Hows everbody's summer work going? I am still restoring my H-60 D with its CUMMINS Series JF 6cyl Diesel and it is going so-so. I haven't had to much to write about except due to my own ignorance I got to see how much guts the old girl had left. I wanted to move my semi storage trailer about 20 foot ahead and was in a hurry and popped a chain hook on both sides of it's 2 1/4 yrd bucket and hung it up on the trailer pin and pulled it ahead and it started out fast but got slower and finally it was making me push on the pedal a little more and when it started to come up in the rear I just dropped my bucket a little and we keep going but I'm a little slow and finally thought about the brakes being locked on my trailer . I got off and snuck around the machine and looked at the trailer (53 footer with all 8 tires still on) and boy did I feel stupid. I had 3 foot of dirt pushed up in front of the tires and the trailer pretty much was sunken down to the axels. The trailer was 1/2 full of old vises, blacksmith equipment, cast iron milf seperators, cast iron this and thats mostly. So I was fairly happy and I had a lot of pedal to go but at the end she was getting prety light in the rear even with the bucket down. IGNORANCE is Bliss they say.:Banghead ops I had better get to why I am here tonight. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to where I could figure out what year exactly my Payloader is using the S/N of the machine. I sure would appreciate it. Until later: :nono Don't spin those tire, Invent_4U

Replies2
  1. #1lenray2012-06-20 18:25

    I now have two H60 D'S they are both straight frame with the Cummins 6 cylinder diesel. My guess is that they are late 60's. len clare michigan

  2. #2Invent_4U2012-06-21 16:05

    lenray, This isn't our first meeting and probably since we both have H-60 D can help each other except speaking for only myself, I am not a wealth of H-60 D History or Information. I have cached hundreds of photos of H-60's but until I can locate (and it shouldn't be as hard as it's been) a link that you can see what the S/N matchess what year for possitive. They were made up until at least in 1973 or 1974 as a 'Subsidary of International Harvester' I have been told. One guy said 1978, but he was the only one. I also am still looking for a 4 bolt master cylinder for mine. I believe the H-60's that were articulated had 2 -Master Cylinders but I don't even know enough if they were 2 the same as the single one on our STANDARD frame Model D's. Do you have any leads on a master cylinder? What are the Serial Numbers of your machines and what engines do you have in your's?Like I said I am far from knowledgeable but I have spent hours researching and if you do have something puzzling you I may or may not have the answer, I have a lot of info but my problems are different than yours. I still have (2) hard tires but with some tread I would take $25.00 each, TODAY. Tomorrow I might not need money so bad. I bought a 1 wire 100+A , Alternater for my Loader. The one in it I think may not be keeping up because prior to me buying it someone appears to have hooked up the Battery Cables backward (before I rewired it it had a red negative cable end) and some wires running over to the external voltage reg were bare and some melted ones just pulled off. I have it mainly straightened out now but I have a primer pump and guage that is in the cab on the left that I can't physically work on in my shape that would be nice to have in the even I am ever ignorant and run it out of fuel. They didn't burn the cab heater out, Thank the Lord, it was great plowing snow this past year. Before that I had my heaviest hunting coveralls on and a face mask and was sitiing in the cold blowing snow plowing for 5 hours on a Honda 450. It had electric shift and a power blade lift but it took it all out of me and I could only work about 1/2 an hour at a crack. It only took me 45 min. this year and I built a huge snow sledding pile for my Grandsons as well (we live on flat lands). I was plowing without a coat, the cab is sealed up real nice now! Don't spin your tires, Invent_4U