when i got the call 8 weeks ago that my dad SIR HENRY had some heart troubles. i just left the KINGDOM with nothing ready for winter. the poor 922 loader was left out side because some junk ended up in his winter shed. i removed the batteries and let them warm up for 2 days in the heated shop. then this morning i went out and tarped in the engine and placed a 30 000 btu pan heater under the engine. 2 hours later i had the batteries in and the machine up and running. i have done this enough times over the 15 years of ownership that i make it look easy, LOL now the loader is parked in his shed after all the snow was plowed in the KINGDOM. thansk KoO Published Author
Ancient Technology Hello KoO, Well, you made your point real good. The old mechanical equipment is durable, reliable, cheap,and does not take a college educated person to fix ! Can't say that for this new electronic , computer controlled stuff ! The computer screens just would have their own electronic warfare battles, for supremacy. Can't you just hear it , ??/ My error code supersedes yours. Your code can't function without mine ! I'm shutting it down ! Your code is outdated ! I'm current, They purged my memory, so I don't know ! LOL
I never thought of using the pan heater. I have one that we use for boiling down maple syrup. I've always used the tiger torch, and one has to be careful as it is too much flame all in one spot. It comes with its own stand to to get closer to the bottom of the engine.
A question for the King of Lynn Lake. (I actually know where Lynn Lake is, having spent a little time on Reindeer Lake, including at Co-op Point.) I had a quick look at your website and noticed that you had planned on pulling a crawler out of Reindeer Lake a few years ago. Did you give up, and is it still down there? Too bad Svein Sigfussen was not there when the Cat went through the ice. I have a copy of his book. According to Svein, he could have a Cat up from the deeps and running again in a few hours. It would have been fascinating to watch his technique.
Would a few days of 40 dergree weather require the same process? We use a JCB 508C loader at the ranch that we have always had a hard time starting. It would turn over very slowly like if the battery was low so we would jump start it and it would work fine. We replaced the battery yesterday and it still turns over very slowly but it won't ever start when we try to jump it. It sounds electrical but now we don't even know what to check next.
cat 922 b are they a decent loader. Have seen one and looks clumsy. also the all wheel steer is it trouble free or problems.
the loader is rear wheel steering and is very handy also a very tough loader too. thansk KoO Published Author