Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

931 loader governor question

Don k ยท 2015-05-09 17:48

I bought a 931 loader. It had a leak around the I thought throttle shaft. Cleaned everything off and started it. The leak is actually coming from a large plug that is on the part of the governor next to the engine block. what is this plug for? Can I remove it without screwing something up to seal it? I just got the loader and do not have any books yet and would appreciate any help. Thanks, Donald

Replies5
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-05-09 18:16

    That plug has a seal and is behind a slug that holds the throttle back until the engine has oil pressure built up to let the throttle open right up. Later Bob

  2. #2Don k2015-05-09 21:48

    So I can unscrew the plug and nothing is going to come flying out?

  3. #3Bob/Ont2015-05-10 09:53

    There is a spring and a plunger inside, take apart carefully as to lose nothing. Later Bob

  4. #4kshansen2015-05-10 14:57

    I believe this is the plug you are referring to? Here's the part Numbers: Note that item 12 is pointing to the gasket/seal for the plug. It is not real clear in the picture. They call it a gasket but is actually more like a plastic washer.

  5. #5Don k2015-05-10 22:12

    That is the plug. I lucked out and it was just loose. Tightened it and the leak stopped. Thanks for the help.