Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

938k lift issue

mak z · 2025-07-28 18:57

Hi I’m trying to figure out a lift issue with a 938k s/n cat0938kpswl00746 The boom up function cuts out when digging into a pile or if the bucket is fully loaded as seen in the attached video and idle speed doesn’t seem to change it. So far the owner had me replace the joystick and boom angle sensor (kick out sensor) which neither made a difference. There is no scale on this unit either. Any advice would help thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-07-29 04:01

    As a first step why not get into the electronics and check for the presence of any Diagnostic Codes related to the implement system.? The attachment shows a couple of methods of how to do this.

  2. #2mak z2025-07-29 06:39

    I will look into this and keep you posted thanks

  3. #3mak z2025-08-01 23:13

    So while digging into a pile and the boom up function would cut out no fault codes would come up. It seemed like if I paused all functions for about 15 seconds then try again it would work.