Reverse clutch pack seals or shaft feed seal seem to have failed all of a sudden leading to a 2 second delay enguaging reverse in any gear but works fine. I swapped coils and valves and then removed valve plates hoping to find a cracked feed pipe or failed o rings but no such luck. I checked the pack with compressed air and it escapes too easy. 18000 hours racked up. Can the oil distributor for reverse be removed and refitted through the valve plate hole? Do the oil distributor/clutch shaft feed seals ever fail ? Are the pack seals steel, cast iron rubber or plastic? Am I compromising transmission lubrication or does it get priority over clutches? If it has to be removed ,are there any common failures that should be addressed? Will it come out attached to the engine or does it have to go down on its own?
It is now time to take it out. Any tips or advice?