Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

939 Caterpillar idler/ tension wheel for track repair

Bullseye Beaver F. ยท 2019-11-25 18:30

I need to replace broken tension wheel. Have it off loader but having trouble getting it apart. It might be called the Idler. Need your great advice! Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2019-11-26 04:41

    You didn't give a S/No so I assume it's a 939 9GL-prefix. This any help..? Be warned, this involves splitting the Duo Cone (steel face) seal and special precautions need to be taken if you don't want the seal to leak afterwards.

  2. #2Bullseye Beaver F.2019-11-26 15:41

    I will get number this evening. Thanks.

  3. #3Bullseye Beaver F.2019-11-26 17:57

    Here is the serial number: X9GL00132X (or the last number is a 7). Thanks for the first reply.

  4. #4Nige2019-11-27 03:58

    Those instructions are correct for that S/N. You may find that it's a little more difficult to get it all apart than the procedure suggests. Best of luck.

  5. #5Bullseye Beaver F.2019-11-27 15:14

    Thank you.