Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

94 jcb 217s crank no start no power

Jcb217s ยท 2020-08-17 08:35

Hey everyone, been awhile ended up having to pull the transmission in my jcb 217s because of a broken input. Got it all rebuilt and installed back into the tractor. But unfortunately now it won't start, it will crank but it seems I don't have anything key on besides exterior lights. There is no buzzer and no light on dash when shifting it. It's a powershift model. So if I jump the fuel solenoid it will start and run but obviously I either forgot to hook something back up after trans swap or when dropping engine down it broke a connection somewhere? Any help would be great I do have a book on the machine.

Replies5
  1. #1jcb jeff2020-08-19 04:23

    Hi Check to see if you have put the earth strap on the back of the engine block/trans bell housing , normally bolted in either of the 3 holes across the top at the back of the engine block.

  2. #2Jcb217s2020-08-31 19:40

    Didn't even think about that. I'm guessing it comes in from the top side? I will definitely give that a look. Sorry the delayed response

  3. #3Jcb217s2020-11-04 19:33

    So added a ground strap to bellhousing to chassis still no go. Also checked ground on back of block to battery that all seems good. Still no buzzer, shifter light indicater, or relay click when ignition is turned on. Will just crank no start. If I jump the fuel solenoid it will run but won't move. Seems to have a problem wiring wise that is cutting power to all the neutral safeties and ignition. Only one ignition relay has power key on but doesn't click. Not sure what to do next.

  4. #4skata2020-11-05 00:08

    I had a 96 jcb telehandler that sometimes wouldn't start. I'd wiggle all the fuses and relays, and then it worked! Electrical connections can get corrosion.

  5. #5jcb jeff2020-11-05 06:59

    Just a thought have you put all the power connections back on the positive side of the starter .