Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953c Belly Pan

ncmoore77 · 2022-06-07 22:29

Hi all While running my 953c loader today I blew a hydraulic line to the left lift cylinder I have been told that the best way to access the hose is by removing the belly pan and coming through the bottom My questions are it that the right procedure and also is the pan one solid piece or multiple pans Thanks for any advice

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2022-06-07 23:02

    You can remove front pan without removing the rear (step 2).

  2. #2heymccall2022-06-07 23:28

    The divider between the front and rear pans is where they "hook". The ends opposite the "hooks" tilt down first. To get the hooks off, the cover must be lifted and slid away from center. And, the hooks may be rotted by now, and, they will weigh a LOT more than the book says. On my 963B, I had to take the hydraulic tank out part ways. I picked an early 2ZN for parts pics, as you couldn't provide serial number.

  3. #3DMiller2022-06-11 17:24

    The fun is just begun, mind that the Belly pan is likely retain the hundreds of pounds of debris and dirt from years of service.

  4. #4ncmoore772022-06-12 08:28

    Thanks for the information guys We removed the pan and like y’all said it had about 4-5 inches of oily mud caked to the top of it Got everything half way cleaned up and replaced both hoses for that side and we are back in business