Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 951C fuel gauge

Garrison Cook ยท 2022-06-08 11:19

All; I have a CAT 951C and the only thing these loaders have on them is a fuel pressure gauge. has anyone found a way to add an actual fuel level gauge? I thought about trying to do one that would replace the fuel lid and has a float on it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1Dave Neubert2022-06-08 11:28

    There should be a dip stick in the tank where you take the cap off

  2. #2Garrison Cook2022-06-08 11:30

    No there isnt on this one. it has one of those screen filters but that is it.

  3. #3Nige2022-06-08 12:47

    Is there a small rectangular slot in the top flange of the screen where the fuel dipstick Ref # 12 should be installed.? The Part Number is 1M-1682. In answer to your original question with the very basic level of electrical system on a 951C I think you might be hard pressed to add any sort of fuel level gauge.

  4. #4Garrison Cook2022-06-08 12:55

    I will look and see. thank you for your help.

  5. #5tctractors2022-06-09 15:29

    The stick that fits down into the tank is called a Gauge, so it's fitted with a very accurate device. tctractors

  6. #6Nige2022-06-09 17:32

    I was expecting that, or "Gage" as it is often listed in Parts Books. To find it referred to as a "Plunger" was something I hadn't come across before...........