Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953C hydraulic oil in final drive

kerry2zno ยท 2017-09-04 13:42

953C 2zno I had a bearing go out in a final drive. Pulled it all out, including the hydraulic drive motor. Replaced the bearing, put it all back together and now I have hydraulic oil in the final drive. What did I do wrong? What is wrong? Another question, does hydraulic pressure release the parking brake?

Replies6
  1. #1DMiller2017-09-04 14:04

    Sounds like you lost the motor shaft seal with the self destruct, probably small pieces ate the seal from outside in. And yes hydraulic releases the park brake.

  2. #2kerry2zno2017-09-04 21:18

    I cant help but think that i did something wrong when I put it back together concerning the brake.

  3. #3kerry2zno2017-09-04 21:21

    There was no leaks at the motor shaft when i pulled it out.

  4. #4DMiller2017-09-05 07:19

    It is possible you failed to connect something inside or missed a seal for the brakes and that is leaking. Worst case it all comes back down to find it.

  5. #5kerry2zno2017-09-05 08:20

    Yes, really doesnt make any difference, still has to come back out, grrrr

  6. #6DMiller2017-09-05 12:54

    Sorry.