I am in need of turning my P&B's, sprocket segments and track pads for my 953C. Does anyone have the skinny on any parts houses that I can get quotes from for track pads, bolts and sprocket segments? Of course I am getting a quote from Cat but would like to shop around. Thanks.
why dont u just weld some bars on the top of your track pads tha is what we do woth our 43 and tha saves a whole lot of money than buying a bunch of bads
With the way Cat dealers are hurting right now, put the pressure on them for a good price, and don't back down. It should go your way. Also try BERCO.com and look for a dealer in your area, that is one of the better aftermarket undercarrige dealers.
I have never tried Berco parts before and I have not heard very good things about them. Anyone have any experience with Berco?
Well got my price in from the Cat dealer. This includes new pads, bolts, hardware, sprocket segements, new master links P&B (they both blew a seal), P&B turn, grinding paint off new pads and new pad installation - which is really in the P&B turn. Total cost $6852.80. We have to take the tracks off/on and put on the sprocket segments.
Dang that seems high for just a turn. I can sell you Berco SALTS high link chain w/22" HD double shoes sprocket segs seg bolts and nuts $7938.20 delivered in 3 business days
Try Heavy Quip. They are the best I have found. But I will say this is a buyers marker...most shops are just wanting something to do right now. Im thinking you can get CAT to eat off your track pads as of now. Refuse there bid and hagle with them.
I agree, try HeavyQuip. I don't know if there's one in B-Ham, but I'm certain they have a location in Mississippi. You should also try Key Parts and Machinery in B-Ham, I've bought parts from them in the past. www.keypartsco.com .
Yeah CM1995 what did you end up doing? Never did hear back from you after my quote. Darin
Thanks for all the info and replies. It has been raining for a week and 1/2 here and I have not done anything yet. I am still looking at my options and will do something after the first of the year.
We tried them on 2 dozers. Lasted about 3000 hrs. We were getting 6000-8000 hrs on the Cat ones.
Is that with a turn for Berco and Cat or with a turn on the Cat u/c and not one on the Berco. Seriously I am just curious what the end user's opinions are. How about this guys?????? What brand is #1 in your experience and who is 2,3,4, & etc. I just quoted a set of chains for a Case 850D today and his reply was he didn't like the berco and that they didn't last long for him. I asked what brand he liked and he didn't know. :beatsme:Banghead Darin
Maybe your quote was to high and that was his way of telling you ......... No!:beatsme What was the shipping cost on the first quote, was that in the price or was that on top of your quote to come later? Just wondering. I have used Berco with fair sucess,it has been a while,so they may have improved.Cat doesn't seem to be wearing as good as they use too.So they maybe farming out there foundry work more now with all the new air reg and labor cost.See some blades are make in Mexico. Last sprocket for my D6H i got was made away from here.Some Cat classic parts are aftermarket stuff i know. Not sure if i have the right name IMT tracks (something like that) i had good luck with.Good luck too both of you:usa
Yeah that could be the way the guy says no. Good point. The shipping is free to the customer but basically as everyone knows it's inlcuded in the prices really. Was it ITM thta you like? Darin
It was ITM tracks .They have a different master link then others,but never had a problem,but here where i live and work the dirt is mostly black dirt ,clay, then add water mudddddddddd ! So most of the year keeping the tracks clean,rollers turning is the most wear.Summers when dry get a little tuffer for wear. As for p+b turns here you never hardly turn the new salt rails and the bushing usual last longer then the seals or rail hight.More problems with dry pins at times then anything. So buying rail over the internet and having a problem with dry pins is a problem, if they get enough of them that needs replaced before the rails height and bushing are gone. Cat doesn't like replacing someone else pins, seal ,and bushing.So you have to have your dealers close enough to do the repairs or your in trouble.Those another set of rails or send back 800 miles.No free shipping up then back !That the biggest problem i see.You asked,right??? Other option run them until they are strecthed to the end of no adjustment and hope you got that 6000hours (magical number) out of them. Glad to know that you figure your quotes with the shipping figured in. Renewed my cell phone plan the other day since my brother wanted new phones(share phone plan)>well i pay he shares . Quoted 91$ a month which was extra minutes,no roaming,and before 7 talking.I was paying 70$ plus change ,so i said okay over the phone since i was busy working(brother pushing for new phones) and trying to finish a job before freeze up. Got the bill for this month 106.09 ,didin't ask enough questions,since i was trying to work.That's 35$ more a month.That didn't include the fedearl tax plus sub tax what ever they call it. If she would have said it was going to be with that much with the taxs i would have said NO! Soooooooo ! that is why i'm asking now.Thanks:usa
We did not turn the CAT ones. The Berco ones were too far gone at 3000 hrs to justify turning. CAT was running a special on their Pro-Line U/C and we bought them. They were still high priced compared to everyone else, but they were worth it. We have about 5500 hours on them now and they are approx 65%. I was looking at a regular Cat roller at the Cat dealer this morning, and our 5500 hour Cat pro-line rollers have about the same amount of "meat" left on them as the regular ones. For a farm/ranch the cheaper U/c might make good sense if you only run the machine 200-300 hours per year.
Oh I see. When you say they were too far gone do you mean the rail height wasn't good enough for even 1 turn? Honestly that blows my mind that a Cat u/c can last over 10,000 hrs on a DOZER. Sure an excavator but a dozer with that kind of little wear is great. Given that the machine you have a Cat bottom on has 5500 hrs at 65% remaining. Does anyone have a price comparison from Cat to any other aftermarket supplier? I am curious as a Cat darin
I have not had good luck with Berco on dozers D7 up. Generally, repair costs were higher than Cat as Berco links often could not be reused. Track shoe life was similar however. Roller life was better in Cats favor, as were segments. Thing that ate us up with Berco's was that they failed more often, tying up the tractor for several days as repairs were made. We tried IPD for a while (another division of the company sold them as a dealer), but they proved to be no good. Was OK on wear externally, but seals gave out quickly. But it depends, are you going to keep and use that machine for quite a while? If so, I'd go with Cat, and do work them down if you can dollar wise. Cat just laid off a bunch of people and lowered top executive pay scales with no bonuses for next year. I believe dealer will haggle some. Good Luck!
Yes, the way our dealer has been calling us and offering all of their services I believe they are in a position to haggle to do the work. Went to the Cat, Komatsu, and John Deere dealers Monday morning, all three ask "are yall working?" I say yes and then they start asking do we need anything, are we in the market for any new machines? In our area we are not a big company, but now the dealers are treated us like we are.
I do not know of any Cat dealer that is not hurting now. What ever price they give you, give them a price you want. They should bite as long as it is not too far apart.
you may want to try KWPARTS.com I asked a qoute from them for my 953 just in case I wanted to replace tracks sometime. the qoute was for about 6200 which included pads links and hardware and sproket segments if I am not mistaken.... I will look around a lot yet as I am not very serious about replacing yet but was just curious.