Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955 Seat

Red Bank ยท 2008-11-26 21:00

My 955 has the original seat which is is bad shape, to the point it is held in with rubber straps and came with a piece of foam wrapped in a feed sack to augment the stock bottom cushion. Needless to say it is a pain in my rear. I have not built up the courage to price one from Cat, can anyone recommend one from anywhere else? I checked Northern Tool yesterday and they had one for $79 that will work. I am also going to check Tractor Supply. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies5
  1. #1Northart2008-11-27 01:39

    955 Seat ??? You don't say which model 955 you have . 955K,L or the older series. Anyway check out Ebay and type in Caterpillar seat, and you will find all kinds of them.:usa Here is a link for a 955K seat. http://cgi.ebay.com/Caterpillar-955...Heavy_Equipment_Parts?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

  2. #2Red Bank2008-11-27 09:00

    Thanks for the link, it is a 955K. After seeing the seat I realized part of my problem is the suspension part is missing

  3. #3Greg2009-01-05 22:41

    Give machinerytrader.com a try. Go to the parts section. You just may turn up something including "new old stock."

  4. #4JimInOz2009-01-06 22:39

    955 Seat Try General Gear...they dismantle all types of crawlers.

  5. #5trob2009-09-22 00:28

    You can check ebay but I bought a set of arm rests for my 955k about 2 yrs ago from Finnet Equipment and the fabric has ripped and they required a slight modification to get them insatlled. I bought black canvas and new foam to redo my seat this winter.