Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955 l loading tri-axles

BCOWANWHEELS ยท 2015-04-01 23:42

Will a 955l lift hi enough to load tri-axle dumps ?

Replies10
  1. #1DMiller2015-04-02 05:32

    So long as they are not 'Coal Bucket' beds or have extremely tall or modified side boards on the bed should do fine. If there is any doubt build a load ramp for the 55 or cut a truck swath to lower for easier loading.

  2. #2Tri-Kote2015-04-06 00:35

    I've got a 955 if you're looking for one

  3. #3BCOWANWHEELS2015-04-06 12:03

    Distance to me probably would be high. I.d say your 600 miles from me.

  4. #4Tri-Kote2015-04-06 12:13

    I've got trucks and trailers I could haul it to you cheap.

  5. #5BCOWANWHEELS2015-04-06 16:03

    Is it a 13x machine

  6. #6Tri-Kote2015-04-06 19:47

    Serial Number: 13X1098 Asking Price: $37,000 I will post some pictures below. I'm located in southern IL 2 hours east of St. Louis and an hour NW of Evansville, IN.

  7. #7CM19952015-04-06 19:58

    Yes no problem, I load tri's with my 953C regularly.

  8. #8Deliacorpny2015-04-10 17:05

    Almost 40k for a 955l??? Good luck man but you can buy a 953c for that price

  9. #9Tri-Kote2015-04-12 12:27

    Sure, you can buy a wore out 953 for 40k. Anyone that knows anything knows you're better off buying one of these older mechanical tractors you can work on yourself, and work on cost efficiently. Buying a wore out 953 you're looking at a $25,000 dollar new undercarriage, $15,000 motor, and a $15,000 transmission, among other things. This tractor I have in exceptional shape. So moral of the story, you can buy a more modern machine for a little bit more money, but you're going to double your money you actually pay almost immediately for buying a worn out machine.

  10. #10Deliacorpny2015-04-21 23:48

    Well your right on a lot of your points ! 955l and k we're great machines! I just don't see anyone nowadays buying one for that price no matter how nice they are! I've owned both and like em both but when push cones to shove here in ny nobody is using them much ! Somebody will buy a 955 of even a 951 to leave at a dump n push fill but nobody's using them as a front line machine! And I 955! Anyway just an opinion