Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955 Oil cooler

AllDodge ยท 2021-06-23 15:02

Sure wish I could get notifications again someday Any way, Started up the old girl after sitting for 6 months to get the fluids moving. Moved her around some and noticed a drip and sure enough, leak near the bottom of the cooler. Removed sides and front grill to get a better look. Can the cooler be removed without removing Rad? Probably have to remove the nose cover I'll post some pics a bit later,

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-06-23 16:00

    Cat 955? If so should be in the track loader forum.

  2. #2AllDodge2021-06-23 16:04

    I thought that's where I put it. Oh well not much else has been easy these days Anyway, pics

  3. #3AllDodge2021-06-23 16:36

    Looks like I didn't put it in the right spot, hope Admin can move

  4. #4digger242j2021-06-24 20:49

    Only one line further up on the list. A simple slip of the mouse would do that. Anyway, it's here now.

  5. #5Welder Dave2021-06-24 22:37

    If it's anything like my mouse it jumps all over the place.

  6. #6AllDodge2021-06-25 07:23

    Thanks, and wow I got a reply, hope it stays that way

  7. #7fest7772021-06-28 17:53

    radiator can be removed straight upward, the fan shroud, rad mounts hoses,if you lift the bucket to top position and lock with chains or brace it,sling across lift frame with chain, then all that's needed is a chain hoist, or take a truck tire place in front and loosen 9 bolts holding rad and rad mount ,let fall forward then hoist back to frame when done, done a few times on a 955 about a 2 hour job

  8. #8AllDodge2021-06-28 17:59

    Thanks, that's what I was thinking I'll remove the shroud and then get at the hoses