Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955H Trans Help

dhutch ยท 2012-02-26 08:40

I'm working on my 955H trying to get it to push a little better than it currently does. I'll be cleaning/changing the strainer and filter for the trans pump along with the old, probably original hose that connects the hard lines. My question, Is there a screen or strainer in the sump where the supply line pulls oil from? I remember reading something about this, but don't really want to pull the line off unless there is a screen there. I've already got the belly pans off and the loader in my garage, so it would be an easy task. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Rusted2012-02-27 04:53

    Yes there is a screen but it's not behind the line. The cover plate for the screen has 6 bolts from memory and the screen pulls out attached to the cover plate.

  2. #2dhutch2012-03-01 20:36

    Rusted, thanks for the info. I pulled the strainer out, it wasnt too bad. Changed the trans filter, cleaned the strainer for the steering clutch pump and changed that filter as well. After $400 worth of TDTO, the old cat pushes somewhat better.