Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955k track adjustment problem

Pete1468 ยท 2013-09-01 21:53

I've got a 955k that I got stuck in a hole and the right track came loose when I finally got out. I've put about 6 tubes of grease in it and I can't get it tight. I'm guessing that I pushed out a seal on the adjustment. I can't find where it's coming out of. I'm guessing that I have to break the track and remove the tightner and spring assembly and take to cat to have rebuilt. I don't have a press big enough to remove the spring and have heard stories about spring releases. Am I going down the right track?

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2013-09-02 07:28

    Pete, I just took a look a the directions to remove adjuster does not look like you have to mess with the spring. PM me with an email address and I can send you a PDF file of the removal and installation of the adjuster. It does require separating the tracks. Ken

  2. #2Qualityprop2021-11-07 10:49

    Do you have the pdf

  3. #3hector gemme2021-11-07 12:36

    If your track are to worn the hydrolic cylinder is at the end and the greace should going in coilspring

  4. #4Qualityprop2021-11-08 13:10

    My track spring is broken