Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955K wont steer

Red Bank ยท 2008-11-08 18:13

Used the 955k yesterday, it worked ok, noticed later on in the day when I started loading the dump truck the brakes were not holding like they should. When I pulled up to the truck, I put it in neutral. Thought it was just hot and needed to cool off. This morning I moved it a little, work fine, then it would not steer at all and would not hold if I gave it full throttle. Either side, but then I noticed going forward the left side would try to hold a little bit, but not too much. Checked all fluid levels-ok. Have I broke something or is there something I can adjust. Took the floorboard out to check the linkage, is this where I can adjust for more brake?

Replies2
  1. #1cat9532008-11-09 07:22

    Your adjustments are under the fuel tank in the back on top of the bievil grear compartment ,two caps on each side with 2 bolts,if I remeber right turn all the way in back out 2 turns just check you have play at the pedals like 3" or more and if they are the same [ps ducktape your socket to your ext.]

  2. #2Red Bank2008-11-09 18:52

    Located a service manuel, it said to back off 1.5 turns. Took caps off, loosened jam nut, turned in to tighten, backed off 1.5 turns. It has a lot of moisture under the caps, left side cap has a vent. I took air pressure and cleaned the vent out. Put it back together and it turns Probably will be next Friday before I can try it out longer. Also I turned both sides in 2 turns to tighten, backed off 1.5 turns, is a half a turn that big of a deal on something like this?