Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955l turn hard

johnmelissas · 2015-10-19 16:07

Hi friends my 955l doesn t want to turn.you must push the pedal very strong to turn left or right the same.when you work about an hour your legs hurts.what i must check?? Thank you

Replies11
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-10-19 17:05

    Try to adjust the brakes. Take off covers with 3 bolts and tighten adjuster up all the way, then back off 1 1/2 turns or 9 clicks. Then try it, you should be able to steer with a light toe pressure on the pedals. Later Bob

  2. #2johnmelissas2015-10-20 09:21

    Thank you Bob I have done this.the pedals have 8 cm free before to start braking.

  3. #3Bob/Ont2015-10-20 09:57

    Next I would back up a slope, step on the steering pedals and see if they release and let the machine roll down the slope freely. If it does the brakes might need relining. Later Bob

  4. #4johnmelissas2015-10-20 14:47

    Ok i will try this.The steering pump helps the brakes or the brakes are mechanical only.What do the steering pump? Thank you.

  5. #5Bob/Ont2015-10-20 16:23

    The steering pump feeds the steering clutch release control. The brakes are mechanical only. Brake linings are likely worn out. Later Bob

  6. #6workshoprat922015-10-20 21:12

    I think I would check and make sure your getting proper pressure to release clutches. If they are not releasing all the way your putting extreme wear on your brakes. Make sure filter is not clogged!

  7. #7johnmelissas2015-10-21 14:57

    I have put new filter.when you climp upward and start push the left or right pedals it turns easy.so the cluthes release.thanks

  8. #8johnmelissas2015-10-21 15:01

    Do you know the tightening torques for the cylinder head, precombustion chambers?

  9. #9AllDodge2015-10-30 11:59

    The head bolt torque according to my manual does it in 4 passes 1 - 115 ftlb (155 n-m) 2 - 185 ftlb +/- 13 (250 N-m +/- 17) 3 - repeat step 2 4 - Then tighten bolts closest to rocker arm shaft edge from center to out side 32 ftlb +/- 5 (43 N-m +/- 7) Can take a pic and post if you need it As for the breaks, make sure your pedals are moving freely. Mine were hanging and I had to take the pedal shaft apart and grease

  10. #10johnmelissas2015-10-30 16:05

    I found the engine manual on the scribd.i will check the pedals.Thank you very much

  11. #11Xaris2017-01-09 20:16

    Τι έγινε τελικα Γιάννη,τι εφταιγε; Ενημερωσεμε αν μπορεις γιατι εχω παρομοιο πρόβλημα. Δεν στρίβει εαν δεν πατήσω τέρμα τα πεντάλ και παλι το κανει αργά. Α και κατι που ξέχασα. Που ειναι η ταπα της μηχανης να αδειάσω τα νερα; Ευχαριστώ. Gentlemen,sorry for the language.