Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best place to purchase track chains for a 941 B track loader

rancher2 ยท 2015-10-16 21:45

Finally got the corn out so I could get a wrecker out to pickup the old 941 B out of the W ditch and get the track back on. Know I am $855.00 lighter but the cat is back going. I think it is time to decide to buy new chains or part the machine out. Can't seem to find any good used rails as most are like mine and worn out. Were is the cheapest place to get a new set of chains. This is only a farm machine so it doesn't get a ton of hours on it.

Replies4
  1. #1Nitelite2015-10-17 01:56

    I bought Cat Classic SALT chains and sprocket rims. They sell Treck chains and sprocket rims, made in Korea. For farm use they are ideal for my use, considering the cost. I spent in the neighborhood was $3100.00 for rims and chains. The big advantage was that Cat shipped the parts at no cost to me to my local Cat dealer for customer pick up. Also get a price from Off road Equipment as they are very competitive. I would suggest that you reseal both track adjusters while you are at it. To view the entire procedure see the thread 951 C in my sights in this track loader forum.

  2. #2rancher22015-10-17 20:50

    Nitelite Thanks for the reply. I will check with our local Cat and see what they can do. I think it has Berco on it now as they bolt together which is nice when you have problems and need them apart. The machine didn't have guides on it so about five years ago I put guides on it off another machine and that has helped with running the tracks off on side hills. I resealed the track adjusters then and put a better adjuster and spring off the machine I cut the guides off of. One of my adjusters were stuck and rusted bad. But my pins and bushings are very loose it is getting harder and harder to keep the tracks on.

  3. #3Nitelite2015-10-17 23:12

    All SALT tracks, no matter the brand have the bolt up master links now days. You can also order the sealed tracks with or without the bolt up master links.

  4. #4rancher22015-10-18 19:25

    Good information. Sound like I better price the Salt tracks. That bolt up master link to me is a must have.