Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955l yoke plate bolts broken

freehole ยท 2020-06-23 15:30

It looks like there is four bolts that hold a big plate on that keeps it in line. That's broken off and they've welded a piece on to keep it from moving I guess. Are these bolts actually able to be drilled and tap do you think. Or should I just buy another yoke? Or even weld another plate where that plate bolted up to? This is a farm unit not worked everyday thank you in advance.

Replies8
  1. #1Delmer2020-06-23 15:41

    Try to weld a nut to them first, as hot and fast as you can, then smack the center with a ball peen hammer once hard,then try to unscrew them once completely cool. If they're not too deep, or too rusted they'll turn right out.

  2. #2Bls repair2020-06-23 16:27

    What it looks like to me is the track kept collapsing so they welded a block on to hold the idler out 1. Jack idler out to here .original plate 3 went here .Another plate 2 was welded between 3and 4 . I have seen-and done similar before

  3. #3freehole2020-06-25 10:56

    Thanks everyone did not think of any of that! I'm going to get to work on it very soon. Appreciate all the feedback. it's a work in progress Sooner or later all the younger carriage is going to get replaced.

  4. #4freehole2020-06-29 16:53

    Is to all who replied thanks again got all four bolts out getting ready to bolt the new plate up. One more thing down about a hundred more things to do lol

  5. #5freehole2020-07-02 14:15

    85j7054 has 3304 motor is this ok for parts book?

  6. #6Nige2020-07-02 15:29

    Nope. Too high of a Serial Number range for your machine. You need the Parts Manual UEG0700S that covers the range 85J6247-9509. The 3304 engine Parts Manual UEG0797S for that S/N range will be a separate manual. https://www.ebay.com/itm/372322528765 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpilla...tion&brand=CAT&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

  7. #7freehole2020-07-03 18:49

    Ty so much, I have ordered the track alignment plate and shims. Not really sure except to make it so that they're straight do I need to do anything else regarding alignment?

  8. #8freehole2020-07-03 18:54

    I just bought the parts manual ,now I'm looking for a service manual, thank you for all your help!