I have a three lever center pivot backhoe. When I try and lift the boom at idle the machine can’t do it. I increase RPM and not an issue. All other functions work at idle. I checked the hydraulic fluid and had to add some. Still didn’t fix the problem. Can’t find a dramatic leak,I do have a slow leak. Hose not busted. Any ideas on troubleshooting? Don’t know what else to do. I am concerned I will do damage if I run the backhoe at increased RPM. Thanks for the help.
My 98 555e manual say to run the motor at 1800rpm when backhoe is used..i also read somewhere that higher rpm helps with cooling of the motor and hydro fluid..i do find i dont have 3 functions of movement at the same time unless it is idled up a bit.
I will check the manual. Appreciate the input. I’m still getting used to running at higher idle. The swing to left and right is really fast. Guess I need to adjust my foot pressure when I swing the bucket.
Yeah, trying to run at idle is a bad idea for a few reasons. Lifting the boom is the highest hydraulic load, so it is normal to have to rev it up
Pump is worn
Using with Idle up and not having any issues. Pulling stumps moving along. Then she just wouldn’t move at all! The lever is loose, has zero resistance. Going to take apart today. What should I be looking for? Just want a place to start. Reviewed Messicks and couldn’t find a schematic that breaks down the backhoe levers. Also, not much in the manual except how to overhaul the system. I have attached a picture. I took a video, but don’t know how to embed for you guys to watch.
Here is a link to the parts book ---> https://partstore.construction.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr61821ar794292
To post a video you need to post it on host site such as YouTube. Then copy and past the URL of that video in a thread.
Thank you. I will attempt my first you tube post!
Hope this works!
As you already know the video is fine. It looks like a pin in the linkage has fallen out.
Thanks. Any tricks on taking the panels off to expose the parts? Cotter pins used for the linkage? Getting to her tomorrow.
Settduke, Looking at the NH drawing Tinkerer supplied there are a mixture of pins with e-clips, and bolts down low on the bank. Looking at the video that you uploaded I can see the link block (rod) moving. I would bet that the disconnect, if there is one, is at the bank where the bolts and nuts are located (#17 in the drawing). To me, I would think with a flashlight, you would be able to see this at the current state of disassembly. I would verify the problem, then make a plan on disassembly from there, if necessary.
Here’s the problem. The collar had a pin that broke off. You can see in the hole. I guess I need to punch that through the rod and then slide the collar back over and pound in another pin? Not sure how hard or easy this will be. Looks like its the solution. All the links were pretty solid. The rod that runs through the housing comes out too easily. Not sure of there was a collar or some sort of clip to hold in place. Pictures attached.
setteduke, That is an easy one...just drive what is left of the roll pin out with a punch. Any hardware store should have a pin (you may need to cut it down) slide it back together, and line it up with a small drift from the bottom, and tap in the roll pin...prolly a $1.00 fix.
Went to small local hardware store, mask on, purchased more than one pin! Later today will execute strategy and get back to clearing land. Thank you fellas for all the help!