Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963 seat

gwhammy ยท 2013-11-26 06:19

I've got a real decent 963a I really like. The problem is the ride. Been on heavy equipment for 35 years and my back and neck aren't real good anymore. Has anyone put a air ride seat in one of these machines. I was thinking a semi air ride with a real good seat might work. Just looking to take some of the hard jolts out.

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952013-11-26 08:47

    Does yours have an enclosed cab? You'll have to have an electric air pump of some sort to operate the seat but I don't see why not. My 953C has an air ride seat and it's nice.

  2. #2gwhammy2013-11-26 13:16

    Enclosed. I'm about done working with it for awhile, probably do a little measuring and see what I can come up with. I think a short base like is in my freightliner would work. To get something from cat would hurt my ars more than help it in cost. I'm kind of tight but setting in a machine for days on end a better seat would help.

  3. #3CM19952013-11-26 20:34

    I don't see why any type of air ride seat wouldn't work if you have the air supply, which could be tricky part as most truck seats tap into the air system of the truck. A small electric pump should fit the bill though.