Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another 955K steering issue

ap5152 ยท 2013-11-25 20:57

I recently bought a 955k (85j#) that will not steer. It moves fine in forward and reverse but no steering. After searching this site I tried the adjustments under the seat but it did not make a difference. I was told that they loaded it on the trailer by pressing one pedal down with the idle at its lowest and then idling it up until it started to steer. I had no luck with that method but makes me think its a lack of pressure somewhere. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-11-26 07:48

    Sounds like no steering pump pressure. Take cover off of the steering filter housing and crank it over. Don't have fuel on and let it start or you will have a mess to clean up. Later Bob

  2. #2ap51522013-11-26 09:14

    Thank you Bob/Ont....weather permitting I will give that a try and post an update.

  3. #3Bob/Ont2013-11-26 14:57

    Take the cover off the filter under the seat and crank the engine. If nothing comes out pull fuel on for a short time then shut off fast if oil comes out of filter. Later Bob