Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966 XE

cuttin edge ยท 2024-11-26 20:11

The company just purchased a new 966 XE. I'm told if you drive it into the pile, there is a function where the machine will load the bucket by it self. I can neither confirm nor deny this, as I have not been around the machine. Anyone seen this before?

Replies7
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2024-11-26 20:33

    Yes that has been around for a while.

  2. #2cuttin edge2024-11-27 04:41

    Ok. The company is pretty Volvo heavy, but this machine was a demo with less than 500 hours, and I'm told it had a good price tag

  3. #3Nige2024-11-27 04:46

    If you have a Serial Number I can take a look at the O&M Manual, but TBH the function you mention is not something I have ever heard of on any Cat loader. BTW it will be either a 966K XE or a 966M XE. The difference in model may be significant.

  4. #4DEMLONE702024-11-27 12:39

    @ Autodig (M0099987-07)

  5. #5DEMLONE702024-11-27 12:42

    @ Nige its called Autodig (M0099987-07)

  6. #6Nige2024-11-27 13:24

    Shows how much I know about Lawns & Gardens equipment............ Look in the attachments for references to the "Aggregate Autodig" system. This is from a 966M XE O&M Manual. A machine Serial number will get you the info whether that partoicular loader was built with the Autodig system installed.

  7. #7cuttin edge2024-11-27 17:25

    Thanks Nige. I'm not likely to be anywhere near the machine for a while. I saw it in the yard a couple weeks ago when they dropped it off. Cat has a customer looking for a chinese 950 like the one we have, so they offered them a deal on this demo 966, as a trade. It does have the Auto dig, it's just that I have never heard of such a thing, and was curious. I'm guessing that as a demo, it probably has a lot of options. I know a lot of government contracts want weigh scales in the loaders, and I think it has that as well. The 950 had scales and if you ran over a pebble, you had to start over. Not sure where the money is coming from. Loader wise, this summer, they bought this 966, a new Volvo 120H, a 110H, and are waiting on a L70H