Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966c trany seals

2005kes2005 ยท 2013-06-18 11:54

Can the seals on the 1st gear cluster be changed without Re & Re the whole Tranny Seals by passing in 1st gear only thanks M

Replies4
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-06-18 19:02

    No, need to R&I trans to repair. Later Bob

  2. #2Diagonal Brace2013-06-18 21:42

    May as well change them all.

  3. #3Nige2013-06-18 21:50

    I certainly wouldn't go in there to do piston seals on one clutch out of 5........

  4. #4kshansen2013-06-19 19:56

    No way! Actually have to remove the radiator then engine and trans. as an assembly. Been a few years but don't think it is possible to just pull trans. As I recall not a bad job if you have a crane of some kind that can do the lifting. I have done it with a beam mounted in the bucket of a 175 Michigan loader! But you really need to have an operator you can trust with your life one wrong move and that's all she wrote! 966C trans. is one of the easiest to work on out there. Good luck.