Can someone help me find where the fuel filter is on a 977k? I have looked what seems like everywhere and I can't seem to find it I know it has to be right infront of me I just am looking over it. Also could you help me locate the serial number the badge is missing so I don't know where else to look. Thank you
do any of these look like your engine? First one is the strainer with replaceable or cleanable brass screen inside. Second would be the cartridge filter housing with the knob on it for bleeding the air out while pumping the priming pump. Not sure where to see the S/N tag hope someone else can be of more help there. The two pictures are for a 46H prefix machine. Mounted to fuel transfer pump
Yes I have both of those I took the bowl off of the first one and cleaned it out and the little bowl out and also that filter but thought there would be a bigger one I found that thing with the knob and pump on it but didn't want to take those four bolts off if it was something spring loaded and have more problems on my hands other than a fuel filter. Can I just take those top bolts off and the filter is in there?
This is what I am talking about can I just take those four nuts off and the filter is inside? Thanks for your help
Yes you can. The filter element is behind the cover.
Like Nige says that is where you will find the filter. There is a spring inside but only strong enough to hold the filter in contact with the housing. You will have more problems getting the gasket to let go than the spring smacking you up the side of the head. I would make sure I had a new gasket before removing the cover. It may or may not be included in the filter. If not it should be a 5M0954
Ok thank you all for your help. I found it and had to order one our local store didn't have them in stock but I should get it by tomorrow. After I replace the filter will I need to pump that pump?
Fill it with fuel before you put the 4 bolt cover on. If it wasn't run out of fuel before you removed the filter it should start right up again.