Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

977k fuel system

Jaketompkins4240 · 2023-02-02 13:37

I have a 977k it ran out of fuel and now I can’t get it to bleed I have 30 percent fuel in tank now and left bleeder screw open all night and nothing I then found the sediment bowl and took it off and it was full and filter was clogged up bad cleaned it the best I can waiting on new one but still no fuel looking for a fuel system overview and what else I can clean or try and do to get filter full

Replies6
  1. #1Jonas3022023-02-02 14:02

    Most Cats will have a priming pump unscrew the knob and pump https://www.amazon.com/INPOST-137-5...rgid=pla-1185641534831&psc=1&region_id=373786

  2. #2Delmer2023-02-02 14:08

    Follow the fuel line from the tank to the injection pump, open it along the way, not rocket science. If fuel won't come out of the tank, blow back into the tank with compressed air. Then check for a tank drain to remove water.

  3. #3Nige2023-02-02 14:20

    Post a Serial Number.?

  4. #4Jaketompkins42402023-02-02 16:53

    Serial-11k2595 Series- k

  5. #5Nige2023-02-02 18:20

    See the attachment. If it is original it will have a Scroll fuel system.

  6. #6Cat9772023-02-02 21:31

    Have you tried taking the fuel filter off and filling it up with fuel. Then reinstalling it before trying to start? It helps to use the primeing pump to the right and back a little from the filter.